workshop is for parents who are looking for long-term parenting skills that encourage children to think for themselves, become more responsible, and have a greater respect for themselves and others. You will become more creative in dealing with children, and learn tools to replace the yelling, nagging, and bribing. Parents and caregivers will learn how to work together, as well as create an encouraging and cooperative family environment.
What you can gain from this course:
- Reducing arguments, scolding and yelling
- Reducing power struggles
- Feeling positive about your parenting skills
What you can give children from this course:
- Promoting cooperation and successful attitudes
- Encourage responsibility and initiative
- Enhance high self-esteem
- Develop good decision making skills
Who can benefit from this course:
Families can be a source of rejuvenation, fun and encouragement. If this is what you want, this course is for YOU!
- Parents expecting or having children of any age, from toddlers to teens
- Step-Parents, Grandparents, aunts and uncles, babysitters
- Teachers, Counselors, Nurses, Social Workers, or anyone who relates to children
The course was developed by Jane Nelson author of the book Positive Discipline. It is based on Adlerian psychology and is strongly influenced by the work of Rudolf Dreikurs, MD., author of the highly acclaimed book Children: The Challenge.